Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
© University of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia | ABN 28 441 859 157 | CRICOS Provider No. 01595D
What is USC Research Bank?
USC Research Bank is an open access institutional repository. The records of USC Research Bank are available on the web to be searched by anyone using the Internet. Where permitted, a link to the full-text publication or to the research output is available for viewing and download.
The purpose of USC Research Bank is to showcase and make accessible the research outputs of USC researchers to local, national and international communities. This maximises the impact and potential for citation for individual researchers, as well as highlighting the overall research profile of the University.
USC Research Bank is complementary to traditional academic publishing processes – not a replacement. USC researchers continue to submit their research to peer-review scholarly journals for publication, however where possible also deposit a copy of their published research in USC Research Bank.
What are the benefits for including research in USC Research Bank?
- Increased exposure of research: USC Research Bank will increase the exposure of your research by making it accessible worldwide via the Internet. Research deposited in USC Research Bank will experience maximised impact, which can lead to increased citation rates.
- Indexed by search engines (e.g. Google): Research deposited in USC Research Bank will be preferentially indexed by search engines such as Google and Google Scholar, and the National Library of Australia's TROVE. This will result in high rankings of your research in search engine results.
- A central store for research: USC Research Bank will provide you with a central, searchable store for your research. This will enable you to easily keep track of your full-text research publications, assist you in keeping your resume updated, and provide easy access to your full-text research portfolio for colleagues and students.
- Facilitation of research collaboration: USC Research Bank facilitates collaboration by making it easy for researchers to share copies of their work with other researchers in the field.
- Preservation of research: USC Research Bank will ensure your research is securely preserved long term.
For the University:
- Highlighted research profile: USC Research Bank will highlight the research profile of the University by providing a consolidated centralised showcase of the university's research output.
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) support: With advice from the USC Office of Research, USC Research Bank will provide support in meeting Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) requirements.
How to contribute
All USC staff and students, including adjunct staff, are welcome to deposit their research into the USC Research Bank.
Copyright and open access
Copyright ownership does not change hands when you place material in the repository and so will continue to be retained either by the author/s or the publisher.
With your permission, the full text of the research may be made available through USC Research Bank, with the consent of the copyright holder.