Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
© University of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia | ABN 28 441 859 157 | CRICOS Provider No. 01595D
- Who is the author? Are they an expert in their field and the topic?
- Have they been cited by other authors?
- Have they written other articles/books in this field?
- Who is the publisher?
- When was the article/book published?
- Is the publication date right for your need?
- Do you need current or historical information?
- How old is the information cited in the article/book?
- Is the information relevant to your topic?
- Is the target audience appropriate?
- Is it written in an academic or scholarly language?
- How valuable is the information to your topic?
- Does it adequately explain the research methodology?
- Can you verify the accuracy in other sources?
- Do you recognise authors in the bibliography?
- Is it peer-reviewed?
- Is the research sponsored by an organisation?
- Is the author trying to sell or push a product or service?
- Do other authors agree with the author's point of view?