Skip to Main Content
© University of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia | ABN 28 441 859 157 | CRICOS Provider No. 01595D
- Who is the author? Are they an expert in their field and the topic?
- Have they been cited by other authors?
- Have they written other articles/books in this field?
- Who is the publisher?
- When was the article/book published?
- Is the publication date right for your need?
- Do you need current or historical information?
- How old is the information cited in the article/book?
- Is the information relevant to your topic?
- Is the target audience appropriate?
- Is it written in an academic or scholarly language?
- How valuable is the information to your topic?
- Does it adequately explain the research methodology?
- Can you verify the accuracy in other sources?
- Do you recognise authors in the bibliography?
- Is it peer-reviewed?
- Is the research sponsored by an organisation?
- Is the author trying to sell or push a product or service?
- Do other authors agree with the author's point of view?