Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
© University of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia | ABN 28 441 859 157 | CRICOS Provider No. 01595D
Your comments, ratings and suggestions for improving this Guide are welcome.
You may Ask a Librarian to ask questions.
About This Guide
This guide draws together resources which support you in professional development activities, whether you are undertaking study into higher education or you would like to investigate ways to develop your teaching skills.
The Library is here to support you in any way we can. Contact your Liaison Librarian or the Library Help Desk by phone, email or in person. Attend a class or ask us to walk you through a process. We are here to help you.
New to this?
A few things that might help you negotiate your way through Library issues. The Library has books, online books, journal articles, videos, dvds and more.
- If you know the title of a book, a journal (not a journal article) or a video, look in the Library catalogue
- An ebook has [electronic resource] beside it
- To find a journal article when you have a reference
- Search for the journal title in the catalogue or the Journal Titles search (button) on the Library page
- This will show you a list of database which hold the journal
- Click on the name of a database that has the year of your article
- This opens the database at the name of your journal
- Click through the year, volume and issue to get to your article
- **while we have a few million articles through the databases, we don't have them all. Ask a Librarian if you can't find what you are looking for.
- Sometimes we have put individual articles of chapters in the catalogue in ereserve. They have [electronic resource] after the title
- To find journal articles on a topic - USE Advanced Search in Google Scholar
- In the Library databases list find Google Scholar
- Read how to set up Preferences so you get links to the articles here at USC
- Once you've done that, use the links on the right of your search results - "Full-text at USCLibrary"
- Be specific about your search
- Use words not sentences
- If at first you don't succeed...back out, choose new words and try again!
- You need to log in with your username and password to access articles from databases
- If we don't have permission for a particular article sometimes you are asked to pay. Don't...just look for a different article.
It's our job to help you succeed. If you have any questions at all, phone email or come in to see us.
Strategies for Great Teaching by This exciting, practical guide offers teachers easy-to-implement strategies that help students draw personal meaning from the curriculum. Filled with great tips for engaging learners, this book is a must for any teacher. The authors show how a variety of strategies--cooperative learning, direct instruction, inquiry, reflective writing, and experimentation--can be used to help learners bond with the content.
Call Number: LB1027 .R437 2009
Publication Date: 2009