We respectfully acknowledge the traditional custodians on whose land we walk, work and live and pay our respects to elders both past and present.
USC Indigenous Services, located in the Barunga Centre - ground level Building E - work to support the University-wide vision for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to enjoy the same life opportunities as non-Indigenous Australians in a society which values equality, diversity and the contributions of all.
Indigenous Services helps to achieve this by:
- delivering cultural awareness workshops for staff and students
- developing and implementing the whole of University's approach to Reconciliation
- developing support programs and student facilities for students
- developing strategies to employ more Indigenous staff across University
- organising cultural activities and events within University, eg annual Indigenous Education Symposium
- providing academic support to students
- providing a friendly Indigenous presence on campus and a contact point for students, staff and community members
- providing the University with information about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and knowledge
- supplying library; laptop and other resources to students as and when required
- supporting career choices and assisting with employment options