Being Ethical is one of your Graduate Attributes at USC.
Question: What is being Ethical?
Answer: Your ability to think and act with honesty, courtesy and respect, particularly when you are studying and working.
To demonstrate ethical behaviour, you will:
- understand the meaning of ethics in all aspects of your life
- acknowledge the source of any information you use (referencing)
- respect other people's opinions, beliefs and cultural backgrounds
- act with integrity at University, at work, and in your private life
Ethics can help you:
- become a respected professional in your field of study
- gain a deeper understanding of cultural, religious and theoretical differences
- make decisions that do the least harm
- function better in the workplace, university and life.